Modelangelo originated in its precessor K-Modeler which was used for modeling KMDL®-conform processes only. In Modelangelo other modeling notations can be used as well. Furthermore, Modelangelo allows different views on a process, validates the syntactic correctness of the models, detects process improvement possibilities through the search of predefined patterns and generates reports.
The demo version of the K-Modeler is an Eclipse plug-in based on the Graphical Modeling Framework (GMF).
Modelangelo comes with a graphical user interface which is easy to handle. Customizations and constraints depend on Eclipse as the basic platform. Thus, the graphics depend on the possibilities and limits of this platform. A process tree which is integrated within the user interface visualizes the structure of the processes along with their sub-processes and aggregations.
Objects can be dragged & dropped from the palett into the modelling area. Within the property window, attributes of selected objects can be changed. The “outline” window can be used to get a process overview.
Currently Modelangelo includes the following functions:
Graphical editor for modelling knowledge intensive business processes in process and activity views under KMDL®
- Refining / nesting of tasks
- Project management of the models
Reuse of modelling objects
- Already identified conversion methods are saved by default
- Loading and referencing of objects in models
- Real-Time Syntaxchecking
- Process overview to ease navigation
- Printing and exporting of the models
- KMDL® Competence Report: This report visualizes all available knowledge objects.
- KMDL® Task Coverage Report: This report visualizes all persons fulfilling a specific task.
- KMDL® Externalization Report: This report visualizes the externalized knowledge objects within a project.
- XML model export
- Process pattern recognition
- Model analysis
- Presentation mode
- Path analysis
- Typification of meta informations of the modeling objects
- Improved exporting possibilities
- Improved and revised basic functionalities